Version 4.2.1 - January 2012
The interface between DIGIMAT and Abaqus offers Abaqus users the capability to perform accurate nonlinear implicit and explicit FEA of composite structures where Digimat-MF is used to model the nonlinear, anisotropic, strain rate and thermo dependent behaviors of composite materials.
Digimat-CAE/Abaqus is the interface that couples Digimat-MF to Abaqus via the USER DEFINED MATERIAL capability. Digimat-MF is provided as a software library that is linked to Abaqus to offer a strong multi-scale coupling between the nonlinear micromechanical material modeling capabilities of Digimat-MF and the nonlinear explicit FEA capabilities of Abaqus. In this configuration, Digimat-MF acts as an advanced anisotropic, nonlinear, strain rate and thermo dependent user defined material at each relevant integration point of the Abaqus' FE mesh.
- Select a DIGIMAT materialor import it from the Digimat-MX database.
- Prepare the DIGIMAT user material for the coupled analysis by defining the orientation file and all integration parameters.
- Update the Abaqus input deck with the defined DIGIMAT user material.
- Rename the SDVs.
- Extract the strain state of a single element and apply it as the boundary condition on a RVE analysis model generated in Digimat-FE.
- Failure indicators can be strain rate dependent.