Version 4.2.1 - January 2012
The interface between DIGIMAT and ANSYS offers ANSYS users the capability to perform accurate nonlinear implicit FEA of composite structures where Digimat-MF is used to model the nonlinear, anisotropic and rate-dependent behavior of the composite material.
Digimat-CAE/ANSYS is the interface that strongly couples Digimat-MF to ANSYS via the USER DEFINED MATERIAL capability. Digimat-MF is provided as a software library that is linked to ANSYS to offer a strong multi-scale coupling between the nonlinear micromechanical material modeling capabilities of Digimat-MF and the nonlinear implicit FEA capabilities of ANSYS. In this configuration, Digimat-MF acts as an advanced anisotropic, nonlinear and rate-dependent user defined material at each relevant integration point ANSYS FE mesh.
- Anisotropic, function microstructure morphology- Nonlinear, elasto-plastic with continuous damage
- Strain rate-dependent, visco-elastic or elasto-viscoplastic matrix
- Temperature dependent: thermoelastic materials
- Temperatures coming from injection simulation can be used as inputs to the coupled FE computation.
- Prepare the DIGIMAT user material for the coupled analysis by defining the orientation file and all integration parameters.
- Update the ANSYS model with the defined DIGIMAT user material
Courtesy of Rhodia & Trelleborg