Digimat-HC for Honeycomb composite sandwich panels simulation
Digimat-HC is a Solution of Digimat software that integrate the right Digimat Tools and features for the virtual design of honeycomb composite sandwich panels.
The performance of composite sandwich panels depends on the properties of the skin and the core. These are determined by the choice of the underlying microstructure. The core is sensitive to the structure of the constituting honeycomb. The composite skins feel the selected type of fibers and stacking of layers with different orientations. Design choices are typically investigated in bending and shear tests.
The virtual design of a composite sandwich panel requires an efficient multi-scale modeling strategy:
The virtual design of a composite sandwich panel requires a multi-scale modeling strategy to be able to map the effect of the microstructure onto the macroscopic performance of the panel. In a coupled analysis the full setup of the panel can be varied and the impact on the final performance under bending and shear investigated in an easy & efficient way.
Digimat-HC simulation solution for Honeycomb composites sandwich panels allows in a user friendly way to:
- Set up the structure of a composite sandwich panel
- Define the properties of the core (honeycomb & foam)
- Define the properties of the skins (UD, woven & chopped fibers)
- Investigate the panel design under different scenarios (3-/4-point-bending & shear)
- Flexibly access the results of the analysis (field plot & through-thickness path analysis)