Digimat-AM is a solution of Digimat Software that simulates the printing process and helps printer manufacturers and end-users to identify manufacturing issues. It also optimizes printing parameters for productivity and final part performance prior to printing the first part. The use of numerical simulation allows you to turn hundreds of trials and errors into a couple of clicks in Digimat-AM.
Digimat -AM empowers engineers with a process simulation solution that helps:
- Simulate the FFF, FDM, SLS and CFF processes of unfilled and reinforced materials
- Predict the as-printed part warpage, residual stresses and process-induced microstructure
- Analyze the coupled thermal-structural response of the process for unfilled and reinforced polymers
- Set up the right manufacturing parameters for high precision printing and further bridge the gap between printing process, material and part performances.
Built upon our partnerships among the AM ecosystem, the software workflow follows the real printing process intuitively, allowing non FEA experts to fully benefit from our software solution.
Digimat-AM simulation solution for Additive Manufacturing allows in a user friendly way to:
- Choose additive manufacturing process
- Select the printer from a dedicated database with predefined parameters, or specify user-defined parameters
- Load the part geometry in STL format
- Load the slicing or toolpath definition
- Select the material grade (reinforced or unfilled polymer) and the associated material model from Digimat-MX database
- Create the voxel mesh of the part
- Solve the thermo-mechanical or thermal finite element analysis simulating the printing process
- Post-process and export the results of the process simulation (stress/strain fields, warped part shape, …)
- Optimize the process
Supported AM Processes:
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Continuous Fiber Fabrication (CFF)